THE FEELING OF AUTUMN
With the arrival of autumn, comes that double feeling of melancholy and calm. In this season of soft colors, temperatures drop and our body is more vulnerable to infections and colds. Gradually the days get shorter, and the moment of recollection begins. As always, nature gives us appropriate food for this moment, and without a doubt, the best we can do is take advantage of it and prepare our meals in the most respectful way with our needs.
KEEP ENERGY FOR THE ARRIVAL OF THE COLD
Being in tune with the cycles of nature and making smooth changes between one season and another, is the best way for our body to be prepared for the transition.
For this reason, in autumn we should look for foods that allow us to:
- Eliminate excesses and toxins from summer.
- Get energy to face the arrival of winter.
FOOD FOR THE AUTUMN
- Sweet and temperate foods: Round rice, oatmeal, chickpeas, lentils, azukis. The starches they contain are a stable source of energy due to the content of their fiber.
- Seeds and nuts: They start to make a lot of sense in our dishes. Nutritious calories and tryptophan intake favor a good mood.
- Vegetables: The garden offers us root vegetables and tubers. Pumpkins, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, will give nutritional density, sweetness and joy to the dishes. All of them super energetic and rich in antioxidants.
- Fruits: Although they do not abound as much as in summer, those that are at this time are full of vitamins and are delicious: pomegranates, some varieties of pear, persimmons, kiwis and the first tangerines.
It is very little left for us to enter the winter season so here we leave you some food tips to eat in order to start the new season better. We hope you find today’s blog useful!